With the recent announcement by Google that much like both Twitter and Facebook currently allow, Google+ users will now be able to embed Google+ posts outside the network. The process to accomplish this for those three networks is relatively simple to do but for those who didn’t know about this feature or are unsure of how to embed a post below you will find instructions on how to accomplish this.
Twitter was the first of this group to roll out the feature of embeddable tweets and this happened all the way back in 2011. To embed any tweet from Twitter all you need to do is the following:
- Visit and sign into twitter.com
- Find a tweet that you wish to share
- Hover over the tweet and click More, from this menu Select Embed Tweet
- Copy the code provided in the pop up box
- Paste this into your website, wherever you want the tweet to appear. You can see an example of an embedded tweet below.
— Chad Egeland (@cegeland) September 11, 2013
Facebook was next to include the embed post feature but only doing so as of this past July. The embed post feature works very similar to the way Twitter works with the main difference being on Facebook you can only embed posts from public posts. To embed a post from Facebook you can perform the following steps:
- When signed into Facebook, find a post that you would like to share on your site
- Hover over the post you want to embed and click on the down arrow that appears in the upper right corner of the post
- From the menu that opens, click on the Embed Post option in the menu
- A pop up box will appear, copy the highlighted code that appears
- Past the code into your website where you want the embedded post to appear. You can see an example of an embedded Facebook post below:
Either by design or to play catch up with Twitter and Facebook; Google recently made the embedded posts option available on their own Google+ network. The process to embed post from Google+ is eerily similar to how Facebook embed posts work. If you wish to embed posts from Google+ the steps are as follows:
- When signed into Google+, find a post that you would like to embed into your website
- Hover over the post that you wish to embed and click on the down arrow that appears in the upper right corner of the post
- From the menu that opens, choose the Embed post option
- From the pop up box that appears, copy the highlighted code
- Paste that code into your website where you want the embedded post to appear. Below you can see an example of an embedded Google+ post:
Embedding posts is an easy to accomplish process that you can use as a resource on your own site and because they all include functionality found within their native sites (retweet, +1, likes and comments) it may be a way to elevate engagement for these posts and tweets.
Have you ever embedded a post or tweet into a website?